Monday, April 2, 2007

experience over photograph

The experience one goes through during a photo shoot is a very important part of a photograph. I think that sometimes that one particular experience can be almost more important than how the photograph turns out. I am very interested in Dan Budnik’s, the artist that Amy presented in class last week, photography but more because of the experience he goes through meeting these amazing artists. Being able to interact with them and see how they work is quite the experience. Timothy White, the photographer that I will be presenting in class today, is another photographer who I think the experience must be very important. He takes photographs of celebrities and is able to meet them but more importantly is able to speak with them and interact with these famous people. Being a photographer who can interact with these famous people and not be star struck and treat them like normal people is an extremely important part of his job; possibly one of the most important aspects of his job. Of course the final photograph is important, because he has high end clients that have certain expectations of him, but I think that his experiences are just as important. The photographs pay the bills, but his experiences make lifetime memories and sometimes nothing can beat that. I actually believe that living the experience is one of my favorite aspects of photography and being able to capture that experience perfectly is something that I am drawn to. Does anybody else feel the same way about living the experience?

No comments: