Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Age vs. technology

I have read Amy's response to Age vs. technology and it really got me thinking. Our culture is soooo extremely obsessed with technology today that we really forget about the important things in our life. OR is it that these technological devices are the important parts of our lives. Why is there still a desire to preserve our past? What is wrong with how it's going right now that we need to cherish old customs? Maybe I do not fully understand what Amy is tryign to say, but I think it's important for us(the American culture)) to figure out what we need to do so when the next generation is being raised, they arn't more confused or more messed up than our culture is today. Amy, I think that when commenting on our future it must be paired up with our past because todays society looks down upon the NOW and how good it USed to be. SO, in other words, people are scared to see what the future will look like if it is already fucked up. I think?

No comments: