Thursday, April 12, 2007

class- April 4th

Joseph's presentation on his photographer I thought was an extremely well-chosen choice. I believe his work to be very controversial which may be good at some points and was very interesting to learn about how this photographer works. I would love to see this photographer's work in person in a gallery to be able to look at the photograph and hear the audio all at the same time. I do feel the photographer was putting these children down by typing out exactly what they were saying to make them look stupid. I understand he was trying to make the viewer understand what type of environment they were coming from but there was no need at all to make them look stupid at the same time. There was really no need to have the type next to each photograph. I agree with mostly everyone that just the audio would have worked fine with the photographs.

No comments: